Friday, April 20, 2007

I just don't know

What is this? What can possibly drive a guy to commit such "unspeakable" acts as the Virginia Tech killer? What if that happened at my Uni? Ok, so I live in Europe, ok we have way better gun control laws and yes, possibly a little fewer psychos running around. But! What of the shootings in Germany a few years back? It could happen right here, is it time to, as a student, start fearing this kind of problem to? My wife's at uni almost every work day and I between three and four times. I feel shocked that anyone can be driven that far, and my heart and my prayers goes out to all who were cut short of life, all those who remain, and not least, the family of the shooter. It wasn't their fault their son went amok.

So in honour of all the victims, including Cho Seung-Hui, the unfortunate victim of him self.

To all of you: May your god and goddesses bless you,
/ | \ Taran MacDuir

Disclaimer: I do not in any way endorse these actions, but I feel it's important not to blame the family, and to remember that this guy must have had some sort of problem, healthy people don't go around shooting 32 people. That's all.

No comments: